Courtnay, you are right as always! lol, sure I am buried under the ground finished 10 page papers on why I believe drug dealers should be incarcerated (and I added in corporal punishment!), and studying for exams of course, but why should that keep me from expressing my feelings to all on my blog?? Well lately a bunch of crappola has entered my life, so that has been a downer. BUT on the bright side I am now beginning to eat solid foods! And it has stopped snowing for a while so I can get up and down the hill...what other positive things are there...oooo, almost done christmas shopping! I was daring this year and did stuff online (haha, I am SUCH a dare-devil). Wow, my life looks pretty boring!
But regarding school...this semester I did 5 courses and was darn busy...and I just signed up for 6 next semester! I am never going to see anyone ever again :( haha. I am taking Crim 104 (Social Explanation of Deviant and Criminal Behaviour), Crim 105 (Psychological Explanation of Deviant and Criminal Behaviour), CMNS 099 (Business Communications), Psych 102 (Part 2 of Intoduction to Psychology), and Crim 201 (Physical Fitness Training 1). I am STOKED! I've never been so excited for school, lol (bad highschool experiences!). The only problem now is figuring out what career path I want to take. First I thought of corrections, then a criminal lawyer, and now I am thinking about corporal intelligence...there are just too many options!
I saw the movie Rent with a couple of my friends on the weekend, and it really made me think. Some of the main characters in the movie were homosexuals; how do you deal with situations like that? When two guys are singing and dancing to a love song about each other, and then they kiss.....very uncomfortable was I! So what do you do? Make a public announcement that it's wrong?! Close your eyes and hope it will end soon?! Or don't judge because as Christians we aren't supposed to?! It was just strange...to many questions running through my head, lol. And at the end, the problem was that I liked the movie! I think it was because it was a musical, haha, I don't think I can walk out of a musical and not like it. With all the singing and dancing, it's just " oh so happy! " So how are we as Christians supposed to respond to those who are homosexuals? I guess it should be as anyone else who is active in something that God is against...with love. But how do you maintain the line of loving the person while still disagreeing with the sin?

1 Comments:
I think we should establish two catagories here. Christian and Non-Christian. Non-Christians we love them, we let them know in a heartfelt way we disagree with their life style. Christians who act in this way or grow up christian and become open homosexuals. I think we have more of a responsibilty to talk this subject over with them. Tell them our hoest opions of what they are doing and how that is impacting their life with God.
Okay so it's really a crazy subject and I don't have the answer but I have been faced with it alot latley.
Post a Comment
<< Home